New Patients:
Registering at Willow Tree

Generally we accept patients living within our
practice catchment area.

We prefer to register whole families as it assists better medical care.

Registration is a bit bureaucratic. There are some forms to fill in, either online or at the surgery. We are required to check your identity and address. Once your registration has been processed we offer you an appointment for a New Registration Health Check and if you are on long term medication or require monitoring for a long term condition you will need an appointment with a doctor to plan your care.

Registration Process:

1   You will need to fill a GMS-1 NHS registratiion form which you can download.

2   Adults complete the six page download registration forms (Health Questionnaire Opt-out for National Summary Care Record, Consent for receiving SMS Text Messages, Application for Online Services, Audit-C Alcohol & Smoking Questionnaire)

3   You can submit these forms online or bring these forms and proof of address (one of the following which states your name and address: a utility bill less than 6m old, phone bill, bank statement, a current landlord's agreement or rent book, council tax bill, pension book, benefit book, Home Office permission to stay, driving license, university/college residence document, TV license, HM Revenue & Customs statement, home insurance policy, other document from a reputable source). They can be scanned and emailed to us

   You will be offered a New Registration Health Check appointment with one of our nurses (or doctor if you take repeat prescriptions or have complex medical needs) - for everyone over the age of 5yrs. This enables us to record important details, to assess your health needs and start planning your medical care at Willow Tree. When you attend for this health check, please bring a urine sample (collect a urine sample bottle from reception) and the immunisation records (Red Book) of your children and any medication you are taking. If you have not already done so you will be invited to complete the six forms above.

You can download the above instructions here: For Adults, For Children 5 and under.

Treatment for Visitors
If you have visitors who need urgent treatment we may be able to see them as "temporary residents". Please ask at reception. If they are visiting from abroad, certain countries have reciprocal health agreements but visitors from other countries may have to pay for our services. You can check eligibility here.